Wednesday, February 13, 2008

V-Day Comeith

So, I walked into Hallmark 20 minutes ago to get my mom a Valentine's Day present, and audibly laughed as I walked in the door. Now, it wasn't a long laugh... It was maybe a loud chuckle... Enough to make a few people look up from their noise-making and song-singing cards and stare at me instead of the ridiculously red shelves that lined the store. I was laughing because I was confronted with the typical Valentine's Day stereotype: "Men wait until the last second to buy something."

The male:female ratio in the store was easily 10:1

I was also laughing because I was joining their ranks. I was one of those men who was waiting to get their gift at the last second... Life is so fun...

School has been presenting me with constantly renewing dilemmas recently. The SATs are over and done. Thank goodness. My scores are going to be an interesting valentine’s day present.

Over the past few weeks, I’ve been up early and up late working on school… Frantically turning in assignments with a hair’s breadth of time before they’re due.

I'm going to be using HippoCampus for my religion studies... Hinduism is this week!

Trig is... going... I'm doing two days worth of it every day.

German is making sense. Although having 12 different ways to write a verb (I'm not even kidding) depending on what tense and person it's in seems a bit eccentric.

Russian lives on. I think I may want to teach my kids Russian. It just sounds so cool... Almost like an encrypted version of English. Of course, If I teach my kids Russian, they won't be able to go to Grove City without learning another language... *cough*

"A Time For Us" by Nino Rota, Composed for 'Romeo and Juliet'

Providentially Romantic,
-Wes

3 comments:

Laedelas Greenleaf said...

Haha! German is great, actually...it's very similar to Latin in its agglutination... I'm jealous of your knowledge of Russian. Can you write in Russian on my arm again? That was cool!

SAT scores on V-day? Wow.

See you Saturday! Happy Valentine's Day!

xuprk
Xylophones Undulate Prettily Regally, King

Anonymous said...

Hinduism is scary stuff. The whole thing with multiple lives creeps me out, I mean, dying as a human and being reborn as an amoeba? That's karma you don't get at home.

Anonymous said...

I sympathize because I wanted to get my dad something, and I walked into the dollar store ( having $5 in my purse) and saw that in the valentine section, there were five guys and me, the petite little girl feeling very sheepish! I ended up just giving him a hug and a letter I wrote...

TRIG? Ew! I can't stand Algebra, let alone trig...

Quoth VeggieTales
" If X Y Z weren't in the alphabet, we couldn't say:
X-ray the yellow Zuchini today!"