Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The Fields Are White For Harvest, But The Berries Need More Time






I love the outdoors. God in his mercy gave us plants, animals, water, air, and open sky. This is an amazing time of year out here... Nature is completely alive. The fields of hay and Timothy are golden and ready to be cut, the grass is green, Goslings are learning to fly, the blackberries are ripening, and the lightning bugs are coming out. It feels almost magical.


I have a good feeling about this summer... More than a good feeling, I'm absolutely twitterpated with it all.


No matter how many times I tend to think otherwise, this farm is a blessing. No matter how many times when I feel too far away. No matter how often our neighbors thunder their fuel trucks in and out. This farm is still a blessing. It's taught me so many things. Thanks to these past few years, I know how to garden, how to build a free-standing wooden structure, how to tear out and re-build walls, weld metal, how to improvise when lacking the right tools and/or supplies, install 3/4 inch hardwood, not to meantion gained somewhat of a knowledge of a VERY broad expanse of topics regarding a country household. I can't even begin to comprehend the advantages this knowledge.


God has given me so much, and asks for so little.


Lovin' my Country Home,


-Wes



4 comments:

Laedelas Greenleaf said...

You can't write such a good post without intending to let anyone visit, right?

:-P

#387065 said...

pfft... You can all come out to visit any time. You just never ask. :-P

But really, I'm thinkin' about having a farm day around the 6th of July, maybe sooner.

Author at 661 said...

Are those blackberries or raspberries? Silly question, since either way the reply would be- yum! Once ripe ;-)

Sooner or later might be better seeing as that's the week of the fourth of July...

Speaking of welding and ripping walls, are you making progress, however small, on the house?

jvhata
Japanese violins have a touching ambiance

#387065 said...

That's not a silly question! They're Blackberries. A personal favorite. :-)

As for the house, little things are coming together. But nothing of real consequence.

Oh, and do you think you could send me an email with your IM sometime?

izbcx...oh boy...
In Zanzibar, Boxes Carry Xylophones