Saturday, August 20, 2005

Could it be? An Update?

Yes, folks Shady's back with a brand new rap....

Wait, no, thats not right.

Anyway, yeah, I'm back. Time to cover a few weeks worth of my life.

First up on the agenda is a recounting of the day a ton of folks came out to the farm.

Well, we had a few good friends over, Dan B., all the Qs, Katie Caldwell, and Nathaniel Taylor. After having some lunch, we engaged in the normal activities, with small twists.

First off, we did Frisbee in the fields, maybe better known as obstacle Frisbee because the ground was littered with 4.5 feet tall round bales of hay. Those that had the precision throwing skills would throw the disc inbetween the bales to the others on their team, other less fortunate ones (like myself) had to throw above the bales risking a pick-off. Needless to say, these obstacles added a new dimension to gameplay. When we weren't weaving in and out of the bales, we were running into them, or back peddling into them. The game ended with a bang when Katie received a blow to the wrist, caused by Dan throwing the Frisbee a bit too hard. After the game we hanged out at the house for a while, and Heather rejoiced at the fact that my sister had come home (This meant "HORSE BACK RIDING! WOOHOO!").

We sallied forth to the barn with due haste and helped a few people have the fun experience of riding a horse. (I played my part by jogging infront of my mare to make her keep jogging, I was running backwards mind you.... Not an easy feat.)

Meanwhile, Mike, Matt, and Nathaniel had discovered the Go-kart and under the supervision of my dad were running around the farm in it. (dun dun DUNNNNN)

After everyone was done riding the horses, we took refuge from the hottest time of the day by entering the swimming pool. Much diving, dunking, wrestling, and all around competition prevailed.

After that another, smaller, shorter game of frisbee was played, everyone except myself got back in the pool, I went off and looked down to the lower field to see if I could spot the go-kart. Suddenly, I see mike running full sprint up the hill and I immediately knew what had happened. Mike had been riding in the go-kart with Matt driving, they took a turn to fast and it rolled. Unfortunately, Matt had had his hand on the roll cage as they began to roll, this crushed his hand under the machine. We had no idea how bad the damage was as my dad drove off to the emergency room with a very pale and nauseated Matt. Mr. Caldwell took the moment of anxticy and sadness to pray for Matt, (Thanks SO much for that Terry.).

In a few minutes, everyone was dry, changed, and ready to head out. We all said our farewells and they drove off into the (Almost) sunset. I can't say that I wasn't sad to see everyone go, it was such a fun day that had ended to sadly and abruptly that I felt pretty bad. I felt distant, removed from my friends, my confidants. But God wouldn't let that feeling last long.

On that tuesday, I spent the day feeling pretty much misrebel, for almost no reason! After I got home from work, I proceeded to whine to John B. who did his best to encourage me. (Thanks John for putting up with that...) Later on in the night (or early in the morning for that matter) I talked with another friend we was having struggles in their life. As I continued to talk, I felt empowered. I felt the holy spirit on me, it lifted all my unnessesary troubles off me and gave me the strength to talk with my friend that it made them feel spurred on in their faith. I was re-assured of God. I was talking with a different friend at camp once, and he said to me, "When you get a hug from a person, the warm fuzzy feeling only lasts a short time. When you get a hug from God, the warm fuzzy feeling says, for days and days and days and days, untill it fills your whole heart.". I pretty much felt a hug from God that night that lifted my spirits, and it gave me such joy to serve, and lift up my friend, that it gave me a new outlook on life for DAYS afterward. I realised that I'm only truely happy when God uses me for the furthering of his Kingdom. *sigh* :-)


Crazy.... and I'm still feeling that hug from God, 4 days later.

-Wes

4 comments:

Laedelas Greenleaf said...

*hugs* (insufficient, I know, and not even comparable to God's hugs, but thanks, Wes!)

Anonymous said...

My fav. quote: "I'm not cool but thats ok, my God loves me anyway..." yay for Him!

#387065 said...

who? was? that?

Anonymous said...

"mike running full sprint up the hill " -Ha, I bet he threw up after that!!!