Friday, August 26, 2005

Shop n' Save... ON INTERNET!

I’m sitting here writing this, while listening to coldplay in the parking lot of Shop n’ Save… one of these stores has a sweet wireless internet connection because I’m surfing at the speed of light. I just spent the last 19 hours with Dan, the day consisted of a lot of funny random phrases from Mr. Vocabulary himself. Some concerned Baseball for we went to a Pirates game that I’ll talk about later.

*Dan trying on one of his dads vests* “This Feels like a corset…”
Me-“and how would you know that?”

Me-“It would really stink to get hit on the head with a foul ball.”
Dan-“It says on the back of the ticket that the park is not liable for injuries from a ball or bat.”

Dan getting a Cardinal’s player to sign his CUBS hat.

Dan-“(Uses some huge word in some context that I have no idea what it means.)”
Wes-“Your vocabulary is too copious for my intermediate comprehension, you must endeavor to elucidate more explicitly.”

My eyes must have been REALLY wide when I saw John type “Hey baby” to Katie Caldwell under MY name… After restraining said culprit in a L.P.A.D. headlock,(body upright, slightly bent over backwards with my arm around neck from behind) I dumped him on the bed, where he proceeded to cling to my arm, he soon realized I have more muscles in my arm than his entire body, and gave up. (and no, its not a L.A.P.D. headlock)

Humm, pirate game, not much to be said. The highlights are as follows: actually parking and getting across the bridge in all of maybe 10-15 minutes. Watching totally un-artistic players put their names down in paint, one of them only put his name with the letters descending then ascending like in a V shape. Seeing a pirate use the words “Matey, Timbers, pegleg, ARRR, and FedEx Shipping services all in the same sentence.” Getting hit in the head with a peanut. AND SOME GOOD BASEBALL. :-P

After getting settled in downstairs, Dan and I talked for a few hours, finished “Monty Python and the quest for the Holy Grail.” Then a healthy dose of sleep.

Presently, I am about to go in search of half-finger leather gloves for my costume for the LOTR party tonight. I plan to go as a ranger. (there should be quite a few fair Elf maidens there, so I need to try and be a reasonably clean ranger.)

So, that’s all for now, I’ll post later about the party.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

How were the Elf maidens?

#387065 said...

as beautiful as the stars themselves, Friend... :-P

Anonymous said...

Who cares about elf maidens? You should concern your mind with God.

#387065 said...

I should turn off Anonymous posting, LOL. BTW, I was joking.


LOL

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I love getting quoted. Elf maidens don't interest us halflings. I hate anonymous people who don't tell their name. :-/

#387065 said...

Don't interest you? didn't you see Sam, Merry and Pippin's faces when they saw Arwen?

Anonymous said...

omg

#387065 said...

PLEASE.... GIVE YOUR NAME IF YOU POST, I'LL START DELETING COMMENTS IF YOU DON'T GIVE A NAME, ITS DOWNRIGHT ANNOYING.


Thanks, The Establishment

Laedelas Greenleaf said...

Wow, I didn't know that elf maidens were held in anything less than the highest regard. I shall have to change my opinion of at least ONE particular hobbit :-P JK, Digub (dgb), you're so cute, and sweet, and have such short spiky hair and small hairless feet, and...hmm, somehow this description doesn't match real hobbits. Except for the cuteness and sweetness.


I shall end my mindless rambling here.

#387065 said...

0_o.............


...............


love at first sight?

(sorry, I had to say it.)

Laedelas Greenleaf said...

WES-ley SAMES!!! I think it's a rather universal opinion that Dan is a nice guy (sweet), and he's hardly ugly (so he must be cute). Don't worry, Dan, I think Wes is just putting words in my mouth that I didn't put there.

yeah, yeah...man, you scared me there, Wes! I had to read my post again to make sure it said what I wanted it to say.

Does Dan really HATE anonymous people? Perhaps he isn't so sweet... :-P

Anonymous said...

John here. I don't care if somebody decides to leave an anonymous post. heck - it's a free country! Anyway, to each his own. If you wanna leave an anonymous post, head over to my blog: http://helaughstoo.modblog.com :-)

Anonymous said...

Wow, I had no idea this discussion was going on about yours truly. As far as accusations of hating people...ah well. And as far as being sweet and cute, I'd prefer truthful accusations with more manly adjectives. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Yee! HEE! HEE! Random comment spree! You'll never get me!


eckack-
Sorry, I gagged