Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Hark, dwellers of the real world!

Well, its time once again... A BLOG ENTRY. and Account of the LOTR party

To pick up where I left off, after leaving Shop n' Save, we went to a nearby sports store: Dunhams looking for leather half-finger gloves. Once exploring said establishment, I found a package that contained only a right glove, the left had been stolen, therefore, the package of two gloves that was normally $20 was now a single glove with a price of $5. Thinking two gloves would be better, I ignored this bargain and continued on my quest. Second stop was Gander Mt. (HUNT, FISH, CAMP) I was dismayed by the fact that they had run out of half finger leather gloves that week, and would not get more for a month. None-the-less, I savvied forth to Dick's in the mall, only to find the same result as in Gander Mt. . At this point, I was totally dismayed at my lack of a tanned, dyed animal hide. So, I decided to go home without purchasing any items of a glove-like nature.

Once I was home, I decided to look up a picture of Aragorn on the net to see if I could find good ideas for my outfit. After a few pictures of Viggo's unshaven mug, I found a full body picture. I was amazed to find that he only wore one glove, on his RIGHT hand. My hope renewed, I remembers the glove at dunhams... It was MEANT for me.

The idle hours leading up to the party were spent working on my costume, and after completing preparations, I was hit with an idea... To come bearing gifts for the elves. Being a Ranger of the North, I prepared some spare ribs and called it "Boar" and began thinking about what else a guy that lived 24/7 outside would bring the most clean, graceful beings in existence, what would be a resource worthy to bring... WILD FLOWERS! So, Fueled by the sheer want to play the role perfectly, I walked all around the farm looking for flowers. Many came from the bushes, and were really wild. Others came from the garden. I made enough for the Elves that might be there (Shannon, Dominica, Katie, Katie, Sarah, and Rebekah, And of course Mrs. Q for providing her house.). Even though the Calanos weren't there, I found a use for the remaining three bouquets, by giving two to the little Calvetti girls, and one to Mrs. Caldwell. So, that worked out nicely.

The party was off to a slow start when I came, Dan looked, like a very large hobbit, Shannon looked like an Elf with short hair, Dominica looked like an Elf, a lot of people looked like themselves sadly. After a while we ate a selection of Shire pie, Lambas, and Boar. Right around the time everyone was eating, Katie arrived, looking like a Willis fan... But soon changed into yet another short-haired elf.

After everyone had eaten their fill we all sat down for a little three and a half hour movie. Much of the entertainment was created by the perfect blend of inthrallment in the movie, and little wisecracks made by the general viewing public (Myself included).

After the midway point, the time had come for me to leave, I went out to wait for my ride in the rainy, dark, cold night. Where I was joined by a friendly feline, until my Mom came.



The second day of the party was similar, only minus one tall Hobbit. We all read (or sang) our favorite parts of the trilogy, some of which were quite lengthy. More boar, (shredded beef) and more lambas, and more movieing although I sadly had to leave before the first part of The Two Towers was finished.

Maybe more updateage at a later date.

No comments: