Friday, October 14, 2005

A New Venture... for the Quinlisks at least

Ahh, well, my family had a very industrious Thursday at the Q's new house. Mostly, the evening comprised of tearing up and cutting up carpeting and the wooden strips that hold carpeting to the floor. When we first got there to work, we say a large piece of green carpeting rolled up on the floor. So, my Mom got right down to business and started cutting it up and rolling it into tight rolls for the garbage service. Only later were we to find out that Matt wanted that particular bit of carpet for his bedroom in the basement... Luckily, after some measuring of the guys room (and the dining room) we discovered that the--egshb (sorry, my cell phone just went crashing down onto my keyboard-- anyway, we found out that the carpeting in the dining room(same carpet as the shredded one) was exactly the same size as the guy's room. So, phew, that was close a major blunder. So, the rest of the evening was consumed by the removal of 99% of the carpet on the first floor. The second big event of the night was Mr. Q. Sticking his bare hand inside the wall behind the sink and drawing forth a slew of razors and some black gunk. Thankfully, his hand was still intact, and he would soon draw literally a hundred razor blades from this hole.

Tonight, I went to Youth Parent Care Group (and no, its not one of those support groups, its like the youth group for our church.) There, we expeienced an awesome message on faith and trying aspects of life that tend to take us away from God. Truely awesome stuff, along with some reading from hebrews. With the addition of splitting off into two groups (boys and girls) which kinda helped some of the guys "come out of the shell" so to speak. Afterwards, we adjourned to the basement for some different activities. Dan and I decided to try our hand at Fix You, sounded pretty good dispite Dan's AWEFUL singing (hehe) and a lack of a decent organ sound. We continued to The Scientist which was pretty easy. (for those who don't know, these are songs by a band called Coldplay) After some general hanging around and other different minor stuff, I funally made my mark on Justin Harvey's computer moniter which already possesed the scrawlings of many a person's sharpie. I added "And it was called YELLOW" (also another Coldplay song)

I stepped out onto the lawns of suburbia and the cool night air hit my face, mingles with the smell of freshly cut lawns. I looked down the rows of nearly idenical houses and I looked up at the clear yet starless sky, it is times like hese that I understand why God put me in the country where I can smell the fresh un-tainted air and see thousands of stars and the thickly sprinkled Milky Way.

Being distant is hard, but it has its benifits.

To my friends, each and every one, those who were at the Harvey's tonight and those absent: I love you guys...(now, girls, don't take this the wrong way. :-P I mean as friends.) but, seriously!

I LOVE YOU GUYS!

-Wes

1 comment:

Laedelas Greenleaf said...

HAHAHAHA!!!! ROTFL!! Youth Parent Care Group as a support group!!! But, I guess it is, in a way. A support group for weird kids who care (at least some) about fostering a relationship with both God and their parents. And for the weird parents who care enough about their kids to take an active role in their life.

Muchas gracias for showing God's love to friends. Hast helped indeed, good friend.

I LOVE YOU TOO!!