Thursday, May 29, 2008

So...

In the past 8 days, I have:

1. Hosted a mother and son from Texas
2. Driven said duo to all of the battlefields and monuments in the tri-county area... literally.
3. Driven 4 hours to Kettanning for an AP Party and 5 hours to the airport and home.
4. Learned to swing dance and had an absolute BLAST.
5. Taken upwards of 330 pictures
6. Worked on a roof for an ungodly amount of time and hence:
7. Darkened my skin tone by about three full shades
8. Made a Facebook page that won't get disabled
9. Prayed with a dear friend who received Christ (so awesome)
10. Biked in Mingo with some other friends and bit the asphalt a little
11. Found out the exact time when I'm going to test for my blackbelt (8:00 AM, June 21)
12. Had some of the best sourdough bread EVAR.

I will gladly elaborate on any of these events for you if you want. :-P

Love,
-Wes

"Let's waste time, chasing cars.
If I lay here... If I just lay here...
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?"
-Snow Patrol

5 comments:

Laedelas Greenleaf said...

Alas, that song has been overplayed...but I love it regardless :-)

You swing?! So cool! Conversion??!?! AWEsome! Truly!

Josh Calvetti said...

Could you expand upon the biking?

It sounds like everything was cool EXCEPT the Facebook thing. Yuk. But out of my own curiosity, is Kettaning different from Kittaning?

#387065 said...

no, but it's spelled Kittanning.

:-P

I went biking with Nathaniel and Andrew. It was only a two hour ride and I wiped out in the parking lot on observatory hill. Not a whole lot to say about it beyond that.

Author at 661 said...

Life's good; God's good.
I'm glad for you =)

ALL the battlefields and monuments? Even close to all is wow. That made me chuckle- cool. Wait, how many is all?

What kind of plane did you fly in? A tiny one or a big one?

Where'd you get the bread?

zykgno
an instrument, a morph between a zylophone and a piano and maybe even a kazoo to account for the k.

#387065 said...

Well, maybe not all... But we spent a full two days in the car and went all over Pittsburgh, Fayette, and Somerset county and saw more monuments and battlefields than you can shake a stick at.

I was only dropping people off at the airport from the AP Party. I didn't get on a plane. (Yes! I had non-family passengers for the first time.)

My mom made the bread... You should ask her about it sometime. She cultured her own yeast for it and everything.