Sunday, July 24, 2005

AWW!

Yeah, I had a serious "aww" moment today... While we were practicing "You'll provide for me" after church today, little Sarah Calvetti came up to me inbetween songs. She made a motion with her finger that signaled me to lean down and said "Mr.(the dot was pronounced)Wes, I have something to tell you. *grin*" (I was a wary at this moment because that was my nickname in Children's Church "Mr(dot)Wes") and I replied, "What is it, Sarah?" as I bent down. She blushed like little girls do and said "I love you.". I smiled and said "awwww, Thank you Sarah.", after that she looked satisfied and tapped me on the nose with her index finger. I was kinda stunned by this sudden show of affection, but it made me really happy that I was making an impact on the kids I serve by helping in Children's Church.

(For those of you who don't know, Sarah Calvetti is around 6 or 7 years old. Those who know for sure can correct me on that.)


My voice is feeling real deep now because of that practice... I had to sing with 8 girls, all of whom have pretty high voices, and my voice is just about as low as Johnny Cash's voice...

I went to the LOTR symphony last night, had an awesome time watching the bows of the violins rise and fall in unisen... After the show I saw a lady decked out as Giladrial, I mean seriously decked out, 3 foot sleaves, movie prop broach, hair extentions, THE ELVISH EARS, and tons of make-up. After that I joined John and Dan B, and Heather and Shannon Q (Who were on a Double date. :-P) and went to Starbucks at 12:30 AM

note to self: never go to station square after 11 PM ever again...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was not a double date. It just so happened that those of our families who wanted to were of appropriate gender and age. Wes is spredding lies!!! Big Brother will get you for this! I am sending an email to the Department of Love right now!

#387065 said...

Haha, it was only a joke anyway. and Heather will kill me if I don't admit that. GOT THAT EVERYONE? IT WAS A JOKE! :-P

Btw, Dan, its ministry of love.

Anonymous said...

Wes qualified his statement by the useful :P.

but it is sure darn hilarious thinking of that set-up!

Anonymous said...

Wes may be "spredding" lies, Heather may be on a rampage, Dan may be joking, and our dear friend Ar-bee-kay-ay might be forgetting a lot of vowels, but I must say that Friday night was a blast. Hopefully we can plan a few more of those in the future. Perhaps a triple date? :-D Wes, go get a GF! You've already got girls crushing over you! :-P



Yeah, ok. I was serious about more such events, but Wes, you're a cool guy with or without a girlfriend. And I'm sure Sarah was just being a blessing. She is such a sweet girl.

#387065 said...

"Perhaps a triple date? :-D Wes, go get a GF!"

I wish Shannon.... I wish...

Bubs said...

Oh wow! fun stuff is going down on this popular blog!

Anonymous said...

You bet, Mr. Bubs.

Anonymous said...

Let's just say that if dates were beer I'd be a teetotaler. If girlfriends were blueberries I'd be a strawberry patch. If romantic relationships were stars I would be the universe. Tricked you! But only if the universe was suddenly made starless.

Anonymous said...

hmm, dan, you're giving this a lot of thought. doing okay, Lonely?

Anonymous said...

That is not a funny thing to joke about. Dating should not be a priority for youngsters.