Monday, July 11, 2005

Random thought

In my last post, I said a little bit about my left and right brain fighting, I think one side K.O.ed another last night. I woke up with an aweful headache an whiplash... from what I'm not sure though.

I had a thought about God's grand design today... Think about starlight, what is it that you think of? Suns that are millions of lightyears away? Little points of light in the night sky? The past? Well, I thought about the general idea of light, and this infered the idea that every milisecond, a different ray of light is entering your eye and reflecting onto your retina. I think that what I'm thinking about in this can be summed up in a line of a song

I see a starlight, that has found me,
It was lost for a million years,
And as it fills my eyes, it disappears.
well, there you have it, isn't it amazing that God's creation is so huge that a ray of light can be lost in space, for thousands, or millions of years only to end up in the eye of a being that will only reside on this earth for around 100 years compared to the infinate lifespan of a ray of light. God chose for that light at that instant to hit in that exact spot on the earths surface where your eye would be, just so you could see the light of the star... Isn't it a marvel?
Odd how we take creation for granted.

No comments: