Friday, May 18, 2007

My Creed

Well, in working on my portfolio, I came across an assignment that I had earlier in the year. I was instructed to construct my own Creed of what I believed in the pattern of the Apostles', and Nicene creeds as well as the "Definition if Chalcedon". Here it is! I hope you enjoy it.

I believe in the one God the Father almighty, maker of Heaven and Earth, and of all things visible and invisible, and in the one Lord Jesus Christ, the only-begotten son of God, begotten of his father before all the worlds, God of God, Light of Light, Very God of Very God, begotten, not made, being of one substance with the father, by whom all things were made, Who for us men, and our salvation, came down from heaven, and was incarnated by the Holy Ghost of the virgin Mary, full in his Godhead and divinity and full in his manhood, possessing a human body and soul, was crucified also for us under Pontius Pilate; He suffered and was buried, his human soul descended triumphantly into hell in order that he may pay the invisible and incomprehensible judgment that we deserve, his body, soul and divine nature were re-united on this earth on the third day, alive, he appeared before his disciples and ascended into heaven, and sitteth on the right hand of the Father; and he shall come again in glory to judge all his creation; Whose kingdom shall never end. And I believe in the Holy Ghost, the third person of the Triune God, the Lord and giver of Life, who proceeds from the father and the son, who with the father and the son together is worshipped and glorified; who spake by the prophets, and performs miracles by the saints and those who would believe. Amen.

No comments: