Monday, May 14, 2007

Projects!

Yeah, I'm still here. I havn't abandoned you all yet. Although I'm really busy right now, and it's some crazy and good stuff that some of you may be interested in.

  • I'm writing my first Sonata! (three movements, a main theme, etc) I have a framework for the whole piece and a unique melody. It's in C# Minor, which has 4 sharps (same key as moonlight sonata). There are some allusions to moonlight, although it's very different. I hope to record a rough version tonight.
  • School is crazy. I'm getting Evaluated this coming monday, and just started working on a finalized profolio this week. (>.<) Yikes.
  • I'm reading Shakespeare like it's going out of style. I just finished A Midsummer night's Dream and Macbeth, I'm moving on to Henry V and Richard III. I absolutely loved A Midsummer night's dream, and if anyone wants to actually go see the play sometime, please please let me know.
  • Wrapping up loose ends of the school year is becoming a HUGE task.
  • We will have Vents in our house soon! It's amazing! I've never been so happy about chunks of aluminum in my life.
  • The wood for all the trim in the house has arrived.
  • My sister is home from college, for good! She's gradjimakated! Which is oh so awesome.
  • For those of you who know that I'm actually in my room now, it's not really a room. It's a place with four walls, a 3/4 inch hardwood floor, and a bed in the center, nothing else. :-P But I'm happy with it.

That's the major points of my life now.

Today's music is: "Passacaglia and Fugue in C Minor, BMV582" J.S. Bach and "Time" by John Behrens

On a more personal note, I just wanted all of you guys to know something.

I love you all. :-)

Life is crazy for me right now, and I really miss my church family. I've been a part of Providence's family for nearly 4 years now, and this is the longest I've been apart from everyone. I'll be back soon, and I want you all to know I think about you often. Yes, YOU.

Love,

Wes

3 comments:

Laedelas Greenleaf said...

I DO! I DO! PICK ME! I would LOVE to go see Midsummer Night's dream!

Of course, hanging out with you would make it so much better :-P I'll have to research the Shakespearean plays showing this summer...

Author at 661 said...

This fellow homeschooler has empathy concerning tying the loose ends of schoolwork!

Looking at what's been accomplished, what hasnt been accomplished, what you wanted to accomplish, what needs to be accomplished in the time left...all the while remembering to run the race well for the glory of Christ Jesus.

Patience: quiet, steady perseverance especially in detail or exactness; even-tempered care; diligence; having or showing the capacity for endurance

I never thought of patience as endurance before a few months ago when I took time to understand the definition. It fits with the idea of running a race...and it all ties together ;-)

Anonymous said...

Send me the song when you record it!