Tuesday, November 15, 2005

A very interesting day.

Yeah, its Monday and I'm going to post about Saturday because it was the most interesting day I've had in a while.

The day began with a bit of a "suiting up" of sorts. I got on some ripped jeans and a cruddy old whit t-shirt along with some heavy-duty goggle and black gardening gloves. I marched down to the basement where I was to confront the exterior wall in a battle of man vs. 20 layers of paint from various time periods. We had tried all known solvents on this paint and nothing seemed to work. So, my mom called in the big guns (aka, my arms). I used a miniature pickaxe to chip away at the paint to reveal that the ancient rock beneath had been turned back into a fine sand because of moisture. After removing a few square feet of paint, I would take a wire brush mounted on a drill and grind all the loose rock and clinging sand away. After a few hours, this left me covered in sand and dust and rock. After washing the copious amounts of dirt and sand out of my stiff hair, I joined my sister in going out and visiting the horses. After some substantial rubbing and scratching, I decided to se how horses react to music. More specifically, Coldplay. My sisters horse paid attention for a few seconds then walked away. Where-as my horse stayed and listened to the song for about two minutes or so. As Dan said, "Smart horse!"

However, dumb rider. On my way out, I decided to forego the gate and go through the fence I assumed to be off. Now, for those who don't know my house, I have an electric fence around the fields that has two wires, one chest height, and one thigh height. I crouched down and stepped inbetween the wires.
ZAP
extreme pain... I got shocked somewhere I hope I will never get shocked in again. After limping around for a few minutes I decided to go jogging. While making a final lap around the upper field, a deer that was laying down in the high grass got up and ran along beside me about 20 feet away. After keeping up with me for about 5 seconds, it bounded off into the other field and the woods beyond.

So, pretty sweet day.

until next time.
-Wes


I am the crisis
I am the bitter end
I'm gonna gun this town
I am divided
I am the razor edge

there is no easy now

3 comments:

Laedelas Greenleaf said...

Haha! You said "copious!"

Deer are really interesting animals. I don't think I will ever understand them the way I understand my cat.

Bubs said...

kenna say ouch?

Anonymous said...

Hi, I was out bloigging and found your site. It certainlhy got my attention and interest. I was looking for Satin information and even though this isn't a perfect match I enjoyed your site. Thanks for the read!