Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Not Quite All Here

Well, I'll pick up on the biggest day recently, that would be the Quinlisks moving day.

I awoke at the unusually early hour of 8 (for Saturday at least). We made all haste and departed for the Q's, we came bearing Chillie and some really cheesy kids bowls that had animal faces on them. I was partially but not totally surprised to find that about 20 people from the church had turned up for the move. Most of the basement was already either out in the back yard or on tarps on the front lawn. It was pretty safe to assume everyone else was keeping their doors locked because of the joyous din we created in da hood. the principal movers (aka beasts or sherpas) worked on getting all the larger furniture such as dressers, tables, bed frames, a very heavy piano, etc... out to the large (27 foot?) U-Haul out in front. With the packing direction of Mr. Harvey, we packed basically all the furniture in the Quinlisk's possession into the long truck. The arguous process continued for a while and around 11 AM we closed up the white(well, light brown) gate of the truck and caravaaned over to the new house. We unloaded the truck and put everything within approximate range of its place, and the biggest events was the unloading of the frame steer tractor from the high bed of the Krazel's pickup. After said machine was down, we had to push it around back and light of it's failure to start. Four or five of the guys were needed to push the bulkly and awkward thing to the shed. Needless to say, now I know how a rugby team feels now. The rest of the day continued without a major event other than a lamp practically catching fire. The last half an hour or so of my presence was spent cleaning up the hundreds of white plastic forks stuck in the front yard an the countless streamers and tinsel littering the trees and plants. All good fun. :-)

Afterward my Dad and I went to the Village and took a walk to the Apple Store in hopes of my purchase of a new video iPod. We got that, and more, as it turns out. But that's another story in itself.

Monday and Today were relatively uneventful. My Russian teacher has me listening to this one singer, Aleksander Malenin. Quite honestly, I have not heard anything this sappy since Never Alone by BarlowGirl. (and yes, I did just admit that I listen to BarlowGirl.) So much drama in my life right now. Sometimes I feel like I'm living a really cheesy sitcom like 7th heaven. I read an article/survey on the internet today..."The top five kinds of guys every girl should date" I was surprised to find that "The Bad guy" was #3 and "The Nice Guy" was #5! I guess it is true that nice guys finish last. Ahh well, life goes on.

-Wes

"Peerve Ras Ya lubeel." I fell into true love for the first time. -Aleksander Malenin.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

last guys finish FIRST in my book! haha!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah>? finish guys race the europe in exitous while exclaiming!

Laedelas Greenleaf said...

I think...that guys...are mostly good for making $$ to spend on me and to fight with, but not necessarily in that order. So Good Guy/Bad Guy isn't that big of a deal IMO. JK JK JK JK JK JK!!!!!

Except about the fighting part. Girls don't fight very well, unless they're really mad, which means that they don't follow the standard code(s) of honor. Ergo guys are more fun to fight with. Hey, Wes, I got pipe insulation for my dowel rods, so we can hack away at each other now!

It's ok, honestly. I like to spend my own $$ on me.