Friday, September 02, 2005

One week done

Well, the first week of school is over, Labor Day approaches. I have a few things on my mind. I'll just share a few.

The song Yellow, by Coldplay is currently stuck in my head every other second.

Dreams, have baffled me of late. A few random, fun ones, a few serious and almost real, and somewhat disturbing ones.

The stars are brilliant. I never cease to wonder at these points of light. I saw Andromeda tonight, along with the could of diamonds known as the Milky Way. I just wish all my friends could see the stars as well as this.

The ability to just sit and empty my mind and concentrate on only God and his creation has been a luxury. It seems like I'm constantly thinking about one thing or another instead of relying on God's timing and providence.

Another matter has come to my attention. whats going to happen to everyone who's here today? Who's going away? Who's going with them? Who's staying? Who's going to get married? Its all in God's hands, really. but I can't help but wonder, if the wonderful friends I have now, who I'm only going to hear from every now and again. It almost moves me to tears to think that. I can't stand the idea of the loss. But it's all the more reason to enjoy every little thing, every conversation, every smile, every joke, every moment.

Look at the Stars, look how they shine for you. And everything you do, yeah they were all yellow. I came along, I wrote a song for you, and all the things you do, and it was called Yellow.

3 comments:

Laedelas Greenleaf said...

Change is good...but I'll definitely enjoy the journey before I get there. Thanks for your friendship, Wes

Anonymous said...

Everything looks gloomy and dismal as it looms on the horizon. But as the days slip by under your feet what was once looming is now happening. And it's not the nameless, faceless loss of what you once knew, it's the peopled and vibrant present. My heart aches, too, at the thought of what I now know and love changing, but I've thought that in the past, and I love what is here now!

God sees the whole picture, and we can rest in His perfect wisdom and bottomless goodness as He carries us around in His arms.

Anonymous said...

Hello
Very nice site.
nixon doc photo http://nixon.xbuv.info/ nixon online
Bye