Tuesday, September 06, 2005

*popping noise* *bounce* *pop again*

Yep, Tennis.. The American pastime.... Or maybe not....

Well, Tennis has never received a lot of attention at my house... Maybe none at all. My parents played when they were 18, but not really since then. So tennis has been a bit obscure to me all my life. I knew it was a sport, I knew about the US open, and Wimbledon, I knew the basic rules about out of bounds, soforth... But nothing beyond that. But then along came a fan that would spark my interest in the sport.

I noticed said fans enthusiasm for the sport and decided to watch a few rounds of the US open. I was HOOKED. I watched that little yellow fuzz ball bounce back and forth for an extremely long time by my standards. I've already acquired a favorite player, Robby Ginepri, and plan to see him though to the finals. After watching for a few days casually, It looks like it would be a fun sport to learn. So, maybe I'll pick up a raqute and get someone to teach me. Its nice to have a fresh sport to watch. Thanks Katie. :-)

In other news, I can cross off one trial for the rest of my life... or my teenage one at least.

Ahh, good day.

-Wes

2 comments:

Laedelas Greenleaf said...

Tennis...so hard to play, and so bad for the elbows ;-) We should definitely plan some tennis on a Sunday afternoon.

Congrats on rising above the challenge ;-)

Anonymous said...

I like the sound effects!